• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I just wish I had more time to read. I wish I could devote my entire life solely to reading and need/want nothing else. To be a hermit. And then I might- just might- get through all the books on my TBR.
I mean, honestly considering everything, my TBR expands exponentially every year. And considering how much I DO read- well, this year was the first year I kept track (for the Goodreads 2013 reading challenge), and I only started in July. But the way things are going, I will average 40 books in a half a year, so make that 80 per year (average). My current TBR is approximately 500 books long (on Goodreads). So let’s say at my current rate, and if I don’t add any MORE books to my TBR, it will take me about 6 years to read all of those. But since my TBR expands exponentially per year, so will the years that it takes me to read them, and at age 17, I only have about 70 years to live, provided I don’t get into an accident or have a medical emergency. It simply just doesn’t compute.
Now, I know you’re thinking, of course it’s not reasonable to be able to read everything in your lifetime. And I know I won’t really care one way or the other when I’m dead. I’ll be dead. And you’re probably thinking, just prioritize. Only read the books you REALLY REALLY want to, and kick the others out. But how do you know a book’s good until you read it? You can’t. Don’t judge a books based on its….hype. There are so many posts out there of people who don’t like books that have been hyped up to the extreme.
And in a way, I do prioritize. I tend to read books in series’ that I haven’t finished before starting new series’ or reading standalone books.
But it just seems so hopeless.
There are so many good books out there. How on earth will I ever read them all? I really need to get out of this mindset where that’s an actual possibility. It’s good to dream. But not if I lose the act of actually living because of it.
Well, anyway, how do you feel about this issue? Do you prioritize? Do you wish you could live forever? For any reason? Comment! Let’s have fun with this.