• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
So what is this Codex, you ask? Well, it is basically a long complicated series of really strange pictures that makes less than 0 sense and all the text is in a made-up language. Seriously. Actually, it’s not even a language (according to Serafini), it just looks like one. But no one believes Serafini, and there have been groups trying to figure it out. Some have succeeded to a point. It is at least agreed one thing: the numbering system is base 21. How intriguing! But true to its description as a Codex, it features pictures on a wide variety of topics, from flora/fauna to history and architecture, and the sciences.
I believe there is a free PDF file on it, but I myself am interested in the hard copy. Plus, if I download the PDF I should be able to put it on my Kindle also. Lol. I love how electronics work. But the hardcover version would be so much better.
Read up on it! Maybe you will decide you want this collector’s masterpiece as well!
AbeBooks (one of my preferred book retailers, besides Amazon, and the site that introduced me to this book)
UPDATE AS OF 12.25.13*: I just ordered it. Got it hardcover, 2013 edition for a great deal at AbeBooks- just under a hundred dollars. Not as cheap as Amazon, which was for about $80, but it wasn’t available and I didn’t want to wait. What an awesome Christmas present. I’m so excited.
*This update is from 5 days ago because I had this post scheduled weeks ago and just thought to edit it. It IS Christmas day when I’m editing this right this second. I’m trying to make this post scheduling stuff seem less confusing than it is, but I’m probably making it worse. Lol. Sorry.