Hey everyone! I’m starting this year off with a new feature, Interview of the Month. Each month (or maybe more frequently, depending on how many people want to interview), I pick someone (whether it be author, blogger, reader, whoever) to interview and post it here. This is a great way to promote blogs and books and just generally get to know people. If you want to be featured for an upcoming month, either comment, email me, Tweet me, or contact me in some other way, and we’ll set up an interview. It will most likely be over email. So without further ado, let me introduce my January Interview….
Jane from The Anything Blog (soon to be have a new title)!
She’s not primarily a reviewer, but a reader and a writer and deserves to have her blog promoted. So here’s the interview!
1. When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging in maybe 2008, because my mother used to have a blog and I was inspired by her. Also I read a series about bloggers.
2. What are your favorite books (at the moment), and why? My favorite books are by far: One, The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather V. Frederick, ‘It’s Raining Cupcakes’ by Lisa Schroeder, The Chronicles of Narnia bye C.S. Lewis, Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers. Why? Well, there’s something about a really good book that makes you want to put a replay button on them, and start pressing it over, and over again.
3. What are some of your hobbies, besides reading? Writing, acting, singing, and dancing ballet and tap.
4. Dogs or cats? Not sure–I’ve never had a cat because my mother hates/is scared of them, and dad&brother are allergic.
5. Physical copies or eBooks? Physical–I love the beautiful feel of turning the page.
6. If you could live forever, would you? Why? No, I wouldn’t. As appealing as it sounds, I think God would want me to live the amount of days he intended me to have.
7. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, doing anything, where/what would it be? This is a toughie–I would want to be in several places:
-Paris, France, writing about what I see
– Corozal, Belize ( my mother’s hometown), munching on delicious Tortillas
– On Broadway, dancing, singing, or acting.
– Barnes & Noble, digesting one book after the other
8. What book character do you wish you could be? This is very tough, too. Cassidy from the MDBC, since she’s so firey. Anybody, really from the MDBC, since I love them all.
9. Do you like re-reading books? Yes, LOVE! I could spend all of my days re-reading and re-reading.( But it depends what book[s])
1. What are your top 3 2014 goals, bookish or non-bookish? Top three…Hmm:
1. Become more ‘known’ in the book-blogging world.
2. Read more books ( 15 a month if possible), write more of my own.
3. Attend dance more. I’ve been skipping way too much, lately.
So that’s it for this interview! Head on over to Jane’s blog and subscribe. To see MY answers to these questions, see the guest post I did on her blog here.
Have a great day! And remember, if you want to be a featured blogger/author/reader, contact me! Don’t be shy!