I’m switching the format for Favorites Friday to make it easier to read. Don’t freak out. Also, I haven’t had one in a while, so you probably don’t remember what this meme even is. Well, it’s simple. I take a category of books (or settings, or characters, or covers) and choose a few books from that category that I like. It’s a lot like Top Ten Tuesday, but there doesn’t have to be ten, you can choose whatever category you want, and there isn’t a linkup. It’s more of a private meme for now.
This week I’m doing my favorite couples. I’m not mentioning everyone (there may be a part two at some point).
1. Katsa and Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. They are definitely what I’d call a power couple. She’s so darn talented, and he, while also talented, is a sweetie compared to her wild emotions.
2. Fire and Brigan from Fire by Kristin Cashore. Neither of these are love at first sight. (it’s not Cashore’s style.) In fact, Brigan is pretty cold to her for a good deal of the book. But then they finally come together, and it’s so intense and passionate.
3. Bitterblue and Saf from Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore. While not my absolute favorite from her books, they really are a sweet couple. Bitterblue may not actually have any Grace, but Saf’s Grace is just so darn unexpected and sweet.
4. Ron and Hermione from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. They took the LONGEST time to get together. I remember back from the first train ride when they met…Ron thought Hermione was a bossy know-it-all and she told him he had dirt on his nose. But then they become friends, and they get jealous when they start seeing other people, and then the whole Yule Ball fiasco…not to mention that scene in the 6th movie/book when Hermione sees him with Lavender! It’s so explosive. But then the finally get together and get married and have kids and it’s a happy ending.
5. Will and Tessa from Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. WARNING! I HAVEN’T READ THE THIRD BOOK! DON’T SPOIL IT FOR ME! Basically I think Will and Tessa are perfect. Well, I’m not a huge fan of Tessa, but Will is ah-may-zing. Seriously. He’s so full of hate, but I get the feeling it could easily transform into passionate energy. And his sad backstory…and his love for Tessa…it’s so SAD. Oh my goodness, can’t you see why I’m putting off reading the third book? I can’t bear the thought of them not ending up together. Actually, if Tessa doesn’t choose him, that’s fine, I’ll take him for myself.
6. Livia and Tavius from I Am Livia by Phyllis T. Smith (review here). Honestly this MIGHT be my favorite couple of all time. They’re so INTENSE. It’s not all rainbows and smiles. It’s highly political. It’s in a time where women don’t have that many rights so Livia’s position is constantly being questioned. It’s during a time where Tavius might have to choose between her and the throne…it’s so intense, so romantic, so heartbreaking, oh goodness just read my review. I get pretty emotional about them.
7. Karou and Akiva from The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (review here). Again I haven’t read the rest of the series so don’t spoil anything for me. But they are another intense couple. First of all I’m in love with Karou myself. She’s so AWESOME. And Akiva is so dramatic and amazing and I can’t wait to see where this goes.
9. Devil and Jac from The Bride of Devil’s Acre by Jennifer Kohout (review here). Another one of my top favorites. I just really love this book. And their relationship is kind of a hate-love thing too, which I absolutely love in books. Another intense couple.
So that’s it for this one! Have you read any of these books? What do you think of my choices? If you want to do/have done something similar to this, link up in the comments!