• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
- When people borrow books but don’t return them
- Unhappy endings
- Love triangles where the girl ends up with the guy I did NOT like
Perfect reading spot?
Like, anywhere. Really. I’ll read anywhere. I like lounging on my bed, in a chair, and the other day I even read during a concert. I can tune pretty much anything out. I’m that girl who always brings her book to events and doesn’t do anything social.
3 Bookish confessions?
- I still enjoy kids books and MG books.
- I am not a neat and tidy person when it comes to books. I dog-ear the pages, spill food on them, and occasionally rip them (accidentally of course) and STILL KEEP READING THEM.
- I am a book hoarder. I prefer physical copies of books, and my bookshelf currently houses over 409 books. But I DO have them all cataloged. I am organized at least.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
When was the last time I didn’t cry during a book? Or movie? I remember being particularly sad reading The Book Thief. But even watching the first Harry Potter movie the other night brought back memories and tears.
How many books are on your bedside table?
None. I keep them all shelved until I read them. Well, I guess I have to count the one I’m currently reading, so it’s usually one. I’m trying to break the habit of reading more than one book at once (I used to read like 4 or 5) so that it’s easier to review.
What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
Anything. I’ll eat candy, a sandwich…heck, once I even brought Harry Potter 5 to a sushi restaurant and spilled soy sauce on the pages. But it’s okay, because HP5 is my least favorite book in the series. It deserved it.
Name 3 books you’d recommend to everyone.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- the Percy Jackson series or the Harry Potter series
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (because I have an undying devotion to and obsession with this book)
Write how much books mean to you in 3 words.
Like, everything? Duh.
What is your biggest reading secret?
I will read literally anything if bored enough. In fact, I often do it absent-mindedly. I find myself reading the labels of hair care products or boring magazine articles sometimes.
Who I’m tagging:
Anyone who wants to do this!