Hey everyone! I’m excited to be participating in my good buddy Jillie’s Blogger Positivity Campaign, which is designed to promote happiness and love in the blogosphere. The whole lot of us (26 other bloggers) will be posting every Friday for 4 weeks on various topics. Let’s get to the intro!
Who/where are you?
I’m Alicia, a college student from Texas, U.S. I love all things bookish, crafty, and musical. I’m always trying new things (and figuring out how to make money out of it). I’m a freelance editor and absolutely love grammar and words in general. I love cats and the color green and apple pie and traveling and my goal is to one day be a happy housewife and stay-at-home mom. I’ll read pretty much everything I can get my hands on, fiction-wise. Except poetry. Not a huge fan.
Who or what made you the reader you are today?
Probably my parents. My mom taught me sign language before I could talk and taught me to read at age 3? Somewhere around there and we were reading Harry Potter by age 4. I’ve been reading voraciously ever since. She also made sure I got a good education where the teachers could encourage my reading/writing.
Who or what made you decide to create a book blog?
I was inspired by Small Review. I saw her blog linked from a Goodreads review and decided, hey I wanna do that! Seems like the perfect way to celebrate/share my love for books.
What are your thoughts on the blogosphere today?
I love it!! I always go to book blogs for recommendations on new books to read (nowhere else generally). I love discussion posts where people get real intellectual. I love the community. I have been very lucky to only see the positive side of it and hear about the bad stuff later.
5 Random Facts About Me
- I’ve been to 17 countries! And I can’t remember them all >.<
- I get cold VERY easily. I wear a jacket and pants ALL year round. And I die in the wintertime. Even in Texas.
- I like baking, but I don’t really like eating cake or cupcakes or cookies…I love chocolate chip cookie dough, though, and the occasional brownie.
- I’ve been tossing around the idea of writing a book for several years now. The subject always changes- nonfiction, fiction, genres within that, etc. You heard it here first, people. I haven’t mentioned this before now. We’ll see if it actually happens.
- I absolutely LOVE when people are very wordy in their text messages or emails. I can’t get enough of long conversations over text (in person? heck no. a bit antisocial over here). If I find a similar person, it gets to the point where we’re basically writing books to each other. Our conversations expand exponentially until we’re discussing about 5 things at once (in paragraph form) and if I had something I initially wanted to discuss, it’ll take DAYS to get there because there are SO MANY THINGS WE COULD TALK ABOUT. In case you haven’t noticed, I LOVE writing things. I can get my point across so much more easily on paper.
5 Favorite Books
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak!
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling!
- Fire by Kristin Cashore!
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore!
5 Favorite Book Bloggers
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books! Of course I had to mention her. She’s my original blogging buddy. She’s so full of energy and happiness and reading her posts always make me super happy. I always go to her blog to find out good book recs.
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner! Her posts are always super long (and her reviews are super detailed) and they always give me fantastic insight on her life and how books affect it. She’s a very thoughtful person.
- Cait @ Paper Fury! I just discovered her but she has SUCH PERSONALITY. It’s insane. She loves talking about dragons and writing and is so full of excitement. I read everything she writes for her writing style alone.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction! Nicole is a freelance editor just like me and we share a lot of the same opinions about writing/words (: I also love reading her discussion posts.
- Small @ Small Review! Of course my inspiration is on the list. Her blog was SUPER HELPFUL in getting mine started- I modeled mine off of hers in the beginning and she has so many useful tips on coding and formatting for Blogger. I highly suggest checking those out.
That’s all for now folks! Tune in on Friday for the next post. Check out Jillie’s post for the list of participating bloggers so you can see their intros as well.