~Let the love begin~
Howdy do! Since I did this last year (and the questions are the same) a lot of my answers will be the same, but some will be different.
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I saw a link to a book blog (Small Review) on Goodreads and I was like, hey I wanna do that!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I had a sculpting blog first called Awesome Clay Sculpting and I wanted to keep with the ‘Awesome’ theme, and I wanted to include books. I also like the alliteration with A, so it was between Analysis and Assessment. I chose the latter. Thus Awesome Book Assessment was born. It’s a mouthful, but that’s what it is.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
YA Fantasy. Although I have a bit more contemporary romance now.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
Discussions, essays, giveaways, tags, surveys, etc. Check some of them out under my ‘Features’ tab. I don’t do memes anymore.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Meeting my blogging buddy/former pen pal Jillie from Jillian’s Books.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Discussing books! And bookish topics. I really do like discussion posts the best.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
Hmmm…I pay more attention to these things now, even if I don’t necessarily read them when they come out right away, but the only one I can think of right now is Heartless by Marissa Meyer. (Haven’t read any of her yet.) But it’s an Alice in Wonderland retelling, so I’m all there.
10. Name five books you want to read in 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years.
Um, probably so many…On my shelf at school (they’re here so I can maybe get to them sooner) I have Eleanor & Park, The Wrong Side of Right, Written in the Stars, My Sister’s Keeper, and Harry Potters 6 and 7 (rereads).
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
The Graceling series by Kristin Cashore! It’s my favorite series (next to HP and AiW) and it’s the ultimate YA fantasy, in my opinion.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Katsa from Graceling! She’s AWESOME and I just know we’d get along famously! Also Hermione from Harry Potter, because I basically am her, and she is me, and we are each other.
[2 questions omitted for various reasons]
13. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Oh, so many…arts/crafts (mostly sculpting), piano, some video games, Adventure Time, sleeping, writing of course, etc.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Art supplies and SOMETIMES (but not often) video games. Michaels and used book stores are my favorites (notably Half Price Books).
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Man, I have a new favorite song every week…But I think I have managed to pick one go-to favorite, and that’s There’s a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey You Just Haven’t Thought Of It Yet by Panic! At the Disco.
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
Eeeek what to choose….I really want a Graceling movie, I always want more adaptations of Alice in Wonderland (here’s to Through the Looking-Glass coming out later this year!)….but since I don’t really watch TV I can’t think of many that I would want in book form. Oh! I got it! Moonrise Kingdom. That movie needs to be a book. Also for book-to-movie, the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray would be a great option. There are many others, of course.
16. What would your dream library look like?
Belle’s from Beauty and the Beast.
17. Author you’d like to have tea with?
~Love-a-thoners, ready set GO!~